Sep 3, 2010

The Worthy



At a flea market back in July...
I came across this porcelain plate with the unusual script...


The Worthy



I do not know the history of this interesting platter...
...where it came from...or its purpose ...
...but it prompted me to think and to ask...
Who exactly are The Worthy?

The answer is of course, that we are all worthy.

We are all unique human beings and have our own special gifts and valuable contributions to make to our communities, our families and friends.

And we are all deserving.

Sometimes, however, life tells us a different story...
...and because of circumstances beyond our control we may end up with
feelings of worthlessness, guilt and anxiety.

Has that ever happened to you?




I hope to use this pretty plate in my home to serve up a reminder that each one of us is worthy of all the goodness and wonder that life has to offer.
You are one of The Worthy.

You are worthy of
acceptance

respect and self-respect

unconditional love
joy


truth


You are worthy of trust

and forgiveness


kindness and compassion

giving
and receiving

safety
health and healing

peace and harmony

abundance


You are worthy of grace.

Thank you for letting me share with you today all the good stuff to be found at the flea market!
:) Laura

11 comments:

Kathryn Dyche said...

What a wonderful find and a great reminder that we are all worthy. :0)

leslie janson said...

i loved this platter and this post! i googled "the worthy" and apparently it was a swank hotel 100 years ago in Springfield, MA and was referred to as "the worthy"!
leslie :)

Leah C said...

Beautiful words...thanks so much for the wonderful "pick-me-up":)

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Oh yes Laura there have been days when I felt "less than"... you finish the statement! Sometimes I can dust myself off and keep going and sometimes it takes a few days to get out of the hole I slid into. I think those are the times when we most need our friends and family and for me the lovely people I have met here on Blogger have been a huge source of encouragement to me also! Posts like this one are always so motivating when life seems gloomy! Thanks for the boost!
Tina xo

Prairie Girl Studio said...

amen.

kelly@thebluemuse said...

what a fabulous find, and what a great post you created from it! love, love, love that last line...a perfect reminder for all of us...

Kim Klassen said...

in LOVE with the plate... and with the beautiful message you have shared.

thank you once again, my friend... xxo, kim

Andy's Attic said...

Thank you for the lovely thoughts. You always express yourself well and with simplicity!
Annette

Jamie said...

What a gorgeous plate and post. We all need those reminders from time to time that we are absolutely worthy. Thanks so much for sharing!

mosey (kim) said...

A great reminder, and a great plate. Win-win. I wish I found such perfect treasures when I go to the flea market....

Suki said...

Absolutely wonderful. You are worthy too. xoxo