Sep 3, 2010

No Film Photo

I'm Kristina and am honoured to be contributing to The Inspiration-Studio. I'm a no film photographer which means I take pictures with my mind and share them with you through my words. Sometimes my pieces are entirely personal and raw and real. Sometimes they are entirely fictitious. Most times, they are a blend of both. I sift through the flickr pool Kim created and pick an image from there and then either write about it or match it up to a piece I write separately. Do make sure you share in the pool, your image just might light a no film photo flame for me and be featured right here.


tomorrow I'll miss you
 image by Pam Martin
 
Jammies were on, our bedtime story was read and hugs and kisses were exchanged. Her head lay softly upon her tiny pillow. Just as we turned out the light, she sat straight up. Her brown eyes open wide and fully awake illuminated by the soft angel plugged in the corner.
‘Mommy,’ the call stops me every time.
‘Sweet darling?’ I acknowledged.
She crossed her little legs and sat on her toddler bed. I sat on the plush carpet floor anticipating a conversation.
‘Mommy, one day I...,” her story began. The rest of the words were garbled but she made sure to engage me with a nodding head and animated hands. Every few words she would ask, ‘yeah?’ (though it sounded more like yaaaaa) and wait for my smile.
I sat astounded. This precious little soul, this person I helped create, grown in my womb, birthed from my heart, captivates all of me. She is my mirror. She makes me aware of the simplest treasures and the grandest thoughts.
Our conversation, or rather her speech to me, ended just as it started – with me stopped in my tracks. She declared, ‘good night,’ and lay back down upon her pillow. As her eyes fluttered to sleep she whispered, ‘love you.’
I gently closed the door and tiptoed my way from yesterday to tomorrow.

by Kristina Wood

11 comments:

Jamie said...

Amazingly beautiful! Thanks so much for giving me such a sweet memory to take with me tonight

Kim Klassen said...

such a talent you have Kristina... beautiful!! thank you for sharing it with us!

xxo, kim

blue elephant photography said...

how sweet!

Suki said...

So touching! Beautiful writing.

kelly@thebluemuse said...

Love this. Both as an exercise and a a beautifully written piece. Love that last line...so true, they grow up so fast, and it is so important to take that time to listen to them, cherish them.

Prairie Girl Studio said...

so very very beautiful ...
i love this so much, kristina!
thank you for sharing your gift ...
your words 'birthed from my heart'
really really touch me ...
xoxo
prairiegirl

Pam Martin said...

Thank you, Kristina, for your beautiful words to go with the image of my beautiful granddaughter. It brought tears of joy to my eyes and a big smile to my heart.

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Lovely story...thank you for sharing your gifts with us...

~Kristina said...

thanks everyone! i'm very excited to be here.

Elaine said...

Oh my gosh. That stopped ME in my tracks. It was absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for that snapshot of a moment :-)

Lisa said...

My heart fills with joy everytime i read this, Love you sister