Oct 29, 2010

Halloween Inspiration From The Flea Market


 Here is a bit of thrifty inspiration for your Halloween decor...
My personal preference is to decorate with a black and white color scheme and odds and ends from the flea market.

This post gets more spooky as we go along so if you are faint of heart...you might want to run away now!


 Yes....that's right...this bottle held embalming fluid.
  ... you just never know what you will find at the flea market!
 I have it displayed here with a few of my black Halloween books...
...I like to pick up scary titles when I see them.
(of course, I don't read them ... too much of a fraidy cat).


 This is Tallulah Rose, my antique Victorian dress form.
Her black cloth covering is tattered and torn and thus she fits right in my Halloween decor.


white pumpkins and green gourds...

OK...
...now we start getting a bit creepy...


  These old lace crochet gloves look like skeleton fingers!


A Victorian brass hand and an old glass door handle when put together create an odd and just a bit scary vignette...
I hope you enjoyed my creepy and spooky Halloween decorations straight from the thrift store and flea market!
Happy Halloween!

Be back next week with more flea market inspiration!


7 comments:

Jamie said...

I've fallen a bit in love with white pumpkins this year, but that dress form takes the cake!

Prairie Girl Studio said...

eeeeek!
how delightfully frightful!
the black and white is spooktacular ... : )

happy halloween, to you, laura ~
hope it is ghastly in every way ... ; )

xo
pg

Maureen said...

Oh, how fun is that? That's my favorite kind of Halloween decorating, with vintage items. Love your picks!
happy halloween!
♥maureen

mrs mediocrity said...

oh how fun! white pumpkins are my favorite...but i love what you did with the gloves!

Tiaz said...

beautiful colours. :)

Anonymous said...

skeleton fingers! very nice.

ELK said...

those gloves are so special..art is everywhere..laura I so enjoy your finds each week!! blessings ELK