lovely image by Hilde
Just popping in to share a few blogging tips i have discovered along the way.
- write a good headline ~ man i need help with this. short to the point headlines are invaluable.
- have a conversation with your readers. write like you are talking to them in person. skip the big words, use a little slang even, keep it short ...don't go on and on.
- write in point form..use short paragraphs. everyone is so busy. keep it short & sweet.
- make it easy on the eyes. a big block of text is likely to make people move on without reading your post... no matter how valuable that post may be. add some interest to the page, using images, bold type for emphasis, bullets...etc.
- read your post out loud and ask yourself... does this sound like me? be yourself.
- write a good list post. there's a reason why list posts are everywhere. people LOVE a good list! don't over do the list thing...but definintely do it now and then.
- respond to comments people leave. hanging my head in shame....i have been a terrible commenter lately. please forgive me. here's the thing though...if i comment in my comments, does anyone actually read it. i don't think many do. so the other option is to send an email response or visit the commenter's blog and say hi. i try to do that, but lately.... aaaaaaaaack...i kinda suck at it. note to self...smarten up.
- having trouble finding your groove? just keep groovin... it gets easier....trust me
- solve a problem in your post. people love a post that offers a solution.
- share what you love. it's hard to fake passion.
i'd love to hear your blogging tips.... feel free to share them in the comments. have a blogging question, share that too. i want the studio to be a place to ask & share, give & receive.... good stuff like that.
happiest weekend..... xxo, kim