Some of you may be lucky to live in a place that has unending sunshine this time of the year. Unfortunately, I do not. London has been particularly grey, damp and dreary this February, and I have been looking for ways to brighten up my days. This is my list. What is yours?
1. Visit your local garden center and wander among the flowers. Buy your favourites and plant them in a pot. Keep the pot by your window. Digging in the dirt may be bad for the nails, but it is good for the soul.
2. Lie on the floor. Look at things from an upside down perspective. Change rooms. Do the same again.
3. Make pancakes for dinner. Serve them with raspberries, whipped cream and champagne.
4. Play your favourite music. Lie on the couch with a blanket and listen. Really listen. Let your thoughts wander with the melody. Napping is absolutely allowed.
5. Make chocolate chip cookies. Add your favourite extras (mine are raisons and oatmeal). Eat the cookies warm from a pretty plate with lots of milk.
6. Turn your next meal into a picnic. Serve it on the floor of your living room. Don’t forget to use the picnic blanket.
7. Place a pen and a pad by your bed. When you wake, make a list of all the little things for which you are thankful. Read this list before you sleep. Expand your list on every grey and dreary day.
8. Buy gerbera daisies. Place each flower in its own vase and line them up on your window sill. Daisies are even more cheerful in the rain.
9. Before bed, draw yourself a bath. Light several candles and turn off all the lights. Enjoy your bath and go to bed by candlelight.
10. Go for a meandering walk.
Read more about this here on my Blog.
Who-hooo and a great big happy dance! My blog is live and running. THANK YOU all for your encouragement and support as I worked to make this happen. Please stop by for a visit. I’d love to see you there.