For me, November has always been a month where I start to think about all the things I'm grateful for; I'm sure it has something to do with the American Thanksgiving holiday coming up later this month. But even if you are Canadian and celebrated Thanksgiving last month, or are from a country that doesn't have a holiday based on giving thanks, it never hurts to stop and take a minute to list some of the things for which you are grateful.
The simple act of making a list and expressing gratitude always cheers me up as I realize how truly blessed I am and what a beautiful life I have. I thought maybe you'd like to do the same and together we can build a playlist for of things we are grateful are in our lives. This is a wide open playlist - you can be grateful for an amazing songwriter who wrote a song that gives you chills, so you share that song. You can be thankful for a good friend, who just happens to share a first name with the artist behind a certain song, so you share that song. You could be grateful for the rain, so you share your favorite song about rain. Sound easy? I'll get us going.
- I'm thankful for an amazing and supportive family. U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
- I'm thankful for my job that allowed me to live on the other side of the earth - and for bought me home again. Dierks Bentley - Beautiful World
- I'm grateful the public library which helped me discover this amazing band - Atherton - Sing You a Song
- I'm grateful for my friend amazing L. Cohen, who not only keeps my computer running, but is one of the most generous guys I know, and shares a name with one of the world's most amazing songwriters - Famous Blue Raincoat
- I'm thankful for Mary Chapin Carpenter for writing and recording the songs that speak to my soul - I Have a Need for Solitude
- I'm thankful for the friends and blogs who introduced me to this band: The Head and the Heart - Lost in My Mind
- I'm thankful for a belief in a higher power and the peace that faith brings to my life. Reprise Quartet - How Great Thou Art
I'm also grateful for all of you and your support and awesome song picks each week! I've been LOVING our workout mix for the past couple of days. I think it is going to help us keep our workouts fresh. I know I'm planning to use it on the elliptical trainer now that the snow will keep my workouts indoors.
To play the songs in the Anti-Candy Mix, click on the sideways triangle in the middle of the embedded player above. You can skip ahead or go back by clicking on the < or > on either edge of the player.
Here is the LINK to the iMix with the songs from the Anti-Candy Mix if you want to download a song or the entire mix. Unfortunately, I've only been able to make this work with the US iTunes Store, if anyone knows how I might be able to make it work internationally, please drop me a line. Here is a LINK to my YouTube channel where you can see mixes from previous posts.
I hope you enjoy the Anti-Candy Mix and it keeps you going. Don't forget to share your gratitude list and song(s) to accompany it in the comments section for our next list. I know creating my list was an empowering and beautiful thing, I feel so blessed and fortunate in my life. I hope the exercise leaves you feeling the same way.