Oct 11, 2010

Mimi-Toria’s Designs



1after

Happiest Monday!

Meet Gretchen of Mimi-Toria’s Designs. Gretchen popped into the i-Studio a few weeks ago to share with all of us her exciting dream come true -  selling her wares at the fantastic event-  Junk Bonanza..  Oh how fabulous that show must have been! Her article was very inspirational.. and so exciting!

'Gretchen is a designer that is actively using vintage, found treasures and special new elements to design and create beautiful functional art. This may be in the form of jewelry for you to wear or art for decorating your home. Gretchen lovingly recreates with the idea of making something that was once tossed aside, now into something loved, worn again or used again and once more treasured. Recycle, Reuse, Recreate.'

I fell instantly in love with Gretchen's Art.  I love the mix of old and new. I hope to one day get up close and personal with her amazing creations.  I'd love to photograph her jewelry.  'sigh' 

I’m so happy to announce that Gretchen is going to be a regular contributor at the i-Studio.

I wanted to feature a few of her beautiful creations today.  Gretchen allowed me to play a bit with her photos. 

I added a few adjustment layers and textures just to ‘spruce’ up the images of her beautiful ART. Thank you Gretchen, for sharing your photos with me.

4

OH my, how I love all the beautiful forms that Gretchen displays her jewelry on.  They too are ART.

1after

Gretchen's mix of old and new really is so BRILLIANT.

3after

You can visit Gretchen online at her site, Mimi-Toria’s Designs
And watch for Gretchen’s next post at the i-Studio, later this week. Welcome to the i-Studio Gretchen.
....

Happiest week… to all …. Here’s to oodles of inspiration.
xxo, kim

11 comments:

Jamie said...

What exciting news! Gretchen's jewelry is amazing!

A Box of Chocolates said...

Kim, Gretchen's jewellery is absolutely fabulous, I loved it when you showed it a while back glad that we'll get to hear form her regularly

Kathryn Dyche said...

Such beautiful jewelry.

ELK said...

i so enjoy her artistry!!

mrs mediocrity said...

Gorgeous! And welcome to Gretchen, looking forward to seeing more from her!

dbalyoz said...

a big huge welcome to you Gretchen!!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

I have admired Gretchen's art and jewelry for some time now...such talent and creativity!
Welcome to the i-studio! :)

Gretchen said...

Thank you Kim and everyone else for your warm welcome to the "Inspiration Studio" family. I'm so excited to be a part of it, and look forward to getting to know each of you more through this wonderfully creative venue.
Gretchen

Prairie Girl Studio said...

fabulous work, gretchen ~
so impressed how you are saving and giving new life to old treasures ... wonderful!
it must have been such a thrill to take part in the junk bonanza ~ the atmosphere would be exhilarating!

warmest welcome to i.studio ~ so happy
you will be here sharing your inspiration ~
xo
pg

Kathy said...

I met Gretchen through the Junkmarket Style site (on-line and in person), and just love her creations. She definitely has a gift and a vision to create beautiful-artful pieces of jewelry!

This is my first visit to the Inspiration Studio(I'll be back for sure!)

Kathy

P.S. Best wishes to my friend, Gretchen!! :)

Gretchen said...

Thanks Kathy... love you and miss you at AA/JMS this year. :(
This is truly a gift this site, and such an inspiration to me personally as well as for my jewelry design business. Thanks to Kim for making it happen. :)
Gretchen